Who We Need:
True North, an independent, full-service advertising agency, is looking for a junior copywriter that can collaborate with creative directors, art directors, designers, and other copywriters to produce compelling, thought-provoking, and unexpected campaign concepts and content for a broad range of clients. Our small team works with some of the biggest names in the nonprofit world, government clients for public communication campaigns, healthcare clients, and consumer/financial brands. We’re looking for a talented writer who is eager to create online, social media, print, radio, out-of-home, and television advertising, email communications, video narratives, and scripts for a range of clients. Must be motivated, well-organized, and able to manage multiple creative projects at one time.
- 1 to 2 years of prior advertising agency experience, internship, and/or related courses
- A sharp sense of how to use words to engage the reader’s mind and emotions
- Proficiency in writing pithy and memorable headlines, scripts for video, as well as long form copy, such as email, blog articles and websites
- Ability to articulate conceptual ideas and present creative work
- Clear and creative writing skills
- Strategic and creative thinking skills
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Background in writing for nonprofit, financial, consumer products, and entertainment
- Brand identity, including shaping personality and voice
- Online marketing
- Creating narratives for videos
- Writing scripts
- Direct marketing (email and direct mail promotions)
- Write email promotions, display and social media ads, video scripts, radio spots and other content for range of clients across commercial and nonprofit verticals
- Produce creative concepts with guidance from creative director and teammates within the strategy and timing outlined in a creative brief
- Collaborate with art directors, interactive designers, and production artists
to develop creative
- Present work to teammates and agency at all staff meetings
True North team members are working remotely from their homes for the foreseeable future.
The ideal candidate will be based in the New York Metropolitan Area to collaborate more easily with teammates.
PLEASE INCLUDE A PORTFOLIO LINK AND WRITING SAMPLES WHEN APPLYING
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org | truenorthinc.com
True North is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.